Weight Loss progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Ragnar Relay Series and 2013 Race Plans

I have an addiction... to running. I planned my 2013 vacation calendar around races. Yeah, that happened. In 2012 I conquered a half marathon. I never thought I would do that! So I needed a new goal for 2013.

Lucky for me I have friends like Abby, Kari, Missi, Michelle and Katie that push me to bigger goals. The newest racing adventure coming up in 2013 in the Ragnar Relay So Cal.

Q: What is a Ragnar Relay?
A: "Ragnar is the overnight running relay race that makes testing your limits a team sport. A team is made up of 6-12 individuals; each individual runs 3 legs. The legs of the race vary in difficulty and distance, from 3-8 miles, allowing elite and novice runners to run together. Over 2 days and 1 night, teams run across 200 miles of the country’s most scenic terrain. Pair that with crazy costumes, inside jokes, a great finish line party and unforgettable stories. Some call it a slumber party without sleep, pillows or deodorant. We call it Ragnar." -from www.ragnarrelay.com We will start in Huntington Beach, Ca and end in Downtown San Diego.

There you have it folks! I am doing an overnight relay race. We are doing a 12 person team. This will be the first race Abby, Katie, Missi and I will do together. We went to high school together and each of us have had our own journeys in weight loss and running. I rarely use this word but I find it appropriate to say; this race will be EPIC! I am nervous but excited.

Other races on the Menu for 2013:

Jan 20: Tinkerbell Half Marathon
Jan 25 : Runs For Cookies Virtual 5K
March 2: Chelsea's Run
March 24: Hot Chocolate 15K
April 19-20 : Ragnar Relay
May 11: Girls on the Go 10K (maybe)
June 2: Rock N Roll San Diego Half Marathon
November 28: Lake Murray 10K Turkey Trot
December 26: Bumble Bee 5K

Wow. I didn't know I had so many lined up for 2013. There's a possibility I will do the Las Vegas Half Marathon with Kari and Abby in December but I will have to see how much it will cost and if I can work some overtime to cover the cost.


No comments: