Weight Loss progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Friday, April 26, 2013

Ragnar Relay, My Team

My favorite part of Ragnar?

Our team.

Abby, Katie, Melissa and I have known eachother since High School. We've shared our running and weight loss journies for a while now but this was the first race we've all done together. It was the perfect opportunity for a reunion.

Jamie I knew from work and Ramon I knew from mutual friends.

Ron, Jill, Heather, Chris, Catie, Ahman were all new friends.

The dynamic of this team couldn't have been more perfect. I cannot put into words how much fun it was to experience Ragnar with these people. We took care of each other during every leg of the race, cheered for every runner, made jokes and goofed off.

You'd think after so many hours together, little to no sleep and tight quarters; someone would get snippy. No one did. Not even once.

Every time Van 2 caught up with Van 1 at an exchange it felt like a family reunion. It was usually only a few hours between major exchanges but we were always so excited to meet up.

Running into the finish line with them was incredible. Over a course of 48 hours, they became more than friends. They are now family. It has been a week and I miss them. I am ready to pile into a van and run along side them again.

SDC-FEST... thank you for making this one of the most incredible experiences of my life. Thank you for taking care of me on the course and encouraging me when I wasn't happy with my performance. You hold a very special place in my heart.

No comments: