Weight Loss progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Dear Grandma

My sweet, precious Grandma Covey,

How has it been 4 years since you left this earth and went to be with Jesus? How is it possible that I miss you just as much today as I did 4 years ago?

So many memories have been coming back to me lately. Visiting you at your house on Walnut St as a kid and walking around the property with you and Grandpa. The horse named "Dino" that I always assumed was named after the Flinstones character, though I don't even know if that is true. Your deep love for animals showed in every aspect of your life. Including the time you snuck back to Colorado to find the cat that had been left behind. Nevermind nearly dying on the way to California due to a severe allergy attack. You just had to go back to get that cat. (You're still grounded, by the way). You were so excited when I taught Molly how to give High-Fives. In typical Winnie Covey fashion, you spoiled her rotten by giving her treats every.single.time she did it.


You taught me how to sew crocheted granny squares together. A task that has enabled me to bless many people with blankets for their new babes. Thank you for that. Had it not been for you, I would have hundreds of granny squares laying around my apartment. Some maybe even doubling as coasters. I still have some of the yarn you left. I haven't brought myself to use it yet. Some of it still smells like you.


You tried to introduce me to every single Paramedic, male nurse or doctor you came in contact with. "Have I told you about my Granddaughter" was your catch phrase. You always wanted me to meet the right man and fall madly in love. I know you prayed for me every day. Your prayers have been answered Grandma. How I wish you could meet Jared and see how happy he makes me. I hope the Lord will give you just a tiny window to look down and see us together. Just a small glimpse of how faithful prayer will be answered in God's timing. I still have the hope chest you gave me. I treasure it. I will never get rid of it.

Sometimes I stop by your picture on my wall and just stare at it. You were so beautiful. I'm sorry if I never told you that. You were the best Grandma in the whole world. I helped my mom pack up some of your stuff this year. Man, you were a pack-rat. But that was just one more thing we all loved about you. Mom and I had some good laughs going through your stuff. Many times I got choked up and had to stop what I was doing. It was so final.

I am thankful you are in Heaven with Grandpa George, Ernie, and Fred. I will see you again someday. I miss you being here on earth but I don't miss seeing you in the pain. You are pain free and that makes me so happy. I hope you know you are not forgotten, ever. I love you so much.

Love,
Me

No comments: