Weight Loss progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Being Thankful

The rush of the holidays, the buzz of shopping, the constant traveling and endless cooking can sometimes over shadow the true meaning and joy of the holidays. If fact, life can over shadow daily blessings.

I'd like to be the first to admit I am "Guilty as Charged". Many times I think about all that I want and things I don't have instead of remember all of the things I do have and that so any things that I have wanted in life, have happened.

Last week I had a fantastic visit with my old oldest brother followed by a stop at my parents house. I had lunch with a good friend yesterday (aka Drill Sgt ...remember him?) and we had a great talk. Another friend stopped by work today. I am realizing more and more that quality time with my family and friends is really what I want. I have so many wonderful people in my life and so many good things, how can I be down about anything?

 I look at what I have with my love, Jared. Man, he really loves me. Sometimes we argue and get annoyed with each other but it just makes us stronger. He sees the beauty in me that I have never been able to see in myself. He makes me laugh , a lot. We have fun doing anything and everything together. He's a good sport when one of my recipes doesn't go exactly as planned. He stifles a laugh when I trip but would be the first to help me up if I fall. He opens doors for me, picks up the check, wipes my tears away and holds me close. Since I started running, Jared has been my biggest supporter and never holds back telling me how proud he is of me. I couldn't have asked God for a better man in my life.

I have my older brothers that have always been there for me. No matter how old they we get, I will always be their baby sister and they will always protect me. They are my voice of reason when I need it and they have always always believed in me. My sisters in law are just as wonderful and I love spending time with them. They allow me to vent and cry and I return the favor when needed.

My parents are some of the most caring people I know. Especially when it comes to their kids. To this day, they will drop everything to help one of us. Not many people can say that. Especially once they are adults.

I have some pretty incredible friends. At any given moment, they are ready with words of encouragement, hugs, laughter, good food, etc. I wouldn't be where I am today if it weren't for my friends. Even if we don't get to spend loads of time together, our hearts remain close.

I am so fortunate to be surrounded by love. Incredible love. Unconditional love. There is so much negative in world these days like stress over money, job worries, divorces, death of a family member... it really makes me stop and think about all that I have.

Thank you for being part of my life. Thank you for bringing a richness and a joy to my life that no one else can. What are some of the things you are thankful for?

No comments: