Weight Loss progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Living

“I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.” – (John 10:10 KJV)


This scripture really hit me. Am I truly living my life and enjoying it? Are you? Life may not be perfect but are we taking the time to truly count our blessings?

I think it is safe to say that this latest shooting in Connecticut has rocked our Nation. It has taken our already broken hearts and beaten them down even more. I don't know about you, but on December 14 I felt like I shouldn't go on with my happy day. It felt so wrong to have fun, joke around and enjoy the day because precious, innocent people were dead. My heart was heavy that day.

Jared and I went ice skating that afternoon. We had so much fun. We are already talking about when we want to go again. Then we shared a delicious dinner. Although I was having fun, the people of Newtown were on my heart.

On the way back to his place, Jared and I got to talking. I told him how strange it felt to go on with our good day when something so horrible had happened. Then it hit me... the parents/friends/family of those that are dead would want us to live. They would want us to go about our day, spread love to others and not take one single moment for granted. This is an assumption, of course, but I am pretty sure at least some of them would agree with me.

Yesterday we had our annual cookie exchange. The house was FULL of our family and friends. The moment I got there I hugged my youngest niece(4) and nephew(2) so tight. The older ones came later ( 14, 13, 12) and I gave them hearty hugs as well. To me the teenagers are still babies too. I'm not a parent so I cannot begin to understand what you might go through when you lose a child. I am, however, an aunt. An Auntie that loves her nieces and nephews as if they were my own. I want to protect them just as their parents do.

I so enjoyed the day full of laughter, friends and family. I think it was good for all of our hearts. We took the day and we lived. We enjoyed the food, the company, the music and a whole lot of cookies. We were living and it was beautiful. I never want to take that for granted.

 

No comments: