Weight Loss progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Tipping the Scale

A bit of a victory.. I am now down 17 lbs. My goal is 50 but I have set no time frame for myself. I have just enjoyed working out and I eat somewhat better. I can't say I have turned into a health freak but I definitely watch what I eat now. Im not sure you can look at me and see a difference. I look at myself in the mirror and I wonder about that. However one of the tests is better fitting clothes right? My favorite jeans used to be snug and now they are loose! Yay! Even my work pants are fitting better. I definitely have a long way to go. My first goal is to be back to the weight I was at brian and katie's wedding. Before their wedding I had lost about 10lbs but I got so busy that I slacked and gained it all back.. plus about 9 extra pounds. I am 2 pounds away from being back at that weight. I try not to get discouraged when I step on the scale and I dont see a lower number. I started the serious "Im going to do this" weight loss thing in april. So.. 4 months.. 17lbs.. not too shabby. I rather take my time losing it. Slower weight loss also helps you keep off the weight. I need to get back to the gym though. I havent been in a couple weeks. I have been walking though. Anything helps. Here's to losing more weight, getting in shape and finally having a better self esteem!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, it is so hard to watch what I eat when I work at Starbucks. They told me I'd eat a bunch of pastries for the first month and then I'd be too sick of them...well it's been a year and I still haven't found a pastry I'm sick of. Anyway, cheers to eating healthy and feeling good about it!

Anonymous said...

By the way, I love reading your blogs, they are very entertaining!

Penny said...

I am so proud of you Shannon-you're a real inspiration! Now, would you PLEASE give your 'ol mom some of your willpower??? LOL...keep up the good work honey, you're going great!

Anonymous said...

I am SO proud of you! Keep it up!
Love Carrie