Weight Loss progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Monday, February 22, 2010

The Biggest Winner

The Biggest Loser has inspired people around America to get off their tushies and lose weight, eat better and exercise. I never really got into the show until last season when a former classmate from Vanguard University, Shay, was on the show. Although I am not close friends with Shay, I did chat with her a few times. I was inspired by her story.

Weight has always been a struggle for me. Last year I embarked on a weight loss journey and lost 34 pounds. Not too shabby if I do say so myself. I have to admit though, I gave up. Towards the end I hit so many plateaus that I became frustrated and disappointed. I've since gained back 10 of those pounds and I feel down right.. yucky. I am still (mostly) ok with how I look but my body just feels a little off. I feel a bit sluggish and I am tired a lot.

A couple weeks ago I noticed a friends Facebook Status update was asking if anyone wanted to be part of a 6 week fitness challenge. The challenge is through my gym, Ramona Fitness Center. There are teams made up of 5 people each. The team that loses the largest percentage of body weight will win $2500.

I quickly jumped at the chance to be on the team. Sure, it would be nice to have $500 awarded to me but what I am really looking forward to is the motivation. This isn't just me now.. I have 4 other people depending on me. We have a facebook group where we leave comments/posts to eachother, encouragement, accountability. I am looking forward to this new challenge. So, first weigh in is today. I am nervous. I don't know why, but I am. I guess the scale at the gym is a little more intimidating than the one under the sink in my bathroom. Not to mention a whole lot more public. Yikes!

So, here's to a new journey with my team:
Weapons of Mass Reduction~
Bonnie
Charisse
Crystal
Summer
and trainer, Michael.

No comments: