Weight Loss progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Love

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres" 1 Corinthians 13:4-7

How does one love like this? How do I get to a place where I can love fully without my own selfishness or lack of patience trying to throw things off track? I would like to think that I live up to the standards God has placed before us in the scripture but I know I don't. I fall short, as do many. But why? What causes us/me to do this? Besides the fact that we are human and we are not perfect.

Oh how I wish I could love others the way God loves me. I am most certainly a work in progress. Any chance we can speed this process up, Lord? It would be much appreciated.

No comments: