Weight Loss progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Daniel and Sarah

There are some people that come into your life that become friends. Others become more like sisters and brothers. During high school I was blessed with a group of ladies that will forever be like sisters to me. Today I watched, teary eyed, as one of those women got married.

Sarah. Sweet, funny, creative, passionate, loving, beautiful Sarah.

The day was more beautiful that anyone could have hoped. Sure it was sunny and warm but what made it truely breath-taking was the love that filled the air. Love between friends, family and most importantly, Sarah and Daniel.

With tears streaming down their faces, the bridesmaids looked on as their friend marrried her love. I personally was thankful for the cover of sunglasses so no one could see my nearly overflowing tear ducts slightly watery eyes. The vows were heartfelt, the officiant was funny and nothing was traditional. Everything about the wedding fit Dan and Sarah's style.

It was even a high school reunion of sorts. Most of the ladies from our "group" were in attendance. A couple were missing but they were there in our hearts. It was great catching up with these women. They are absolutely amazing and I am thankful they are still part of my life.

I have yet to go to a wedding where the flower girl doesn't try to steal the show. This little one decided the flamingo decorations were pretty nifty. Especially when she plucked it off of its legs. Do not fear my readers, it was a fake flamingo. NO live animals were injured during the wedding events.

I am a sucker for the Bride and Groom's first dance. Regardless of who it is, the knot forms in my throat and I have to keep myself from breaking down into joyful sobs. You can see just how much these two love eachother. It does my heart good to see Sarah so incredibly happy. Dan is a wonderful man and treats Sarah like the treasure she is.

I am so thankfulI was able to be part of this epic event. Congratulations Dan and Sarah! I love you both very much.

1 comment:

Jessica LaTour said...

Wonderfully written! They are so obviously in love & it's a beautiful thing to see.

And that cake. Yum!!!