Weight Loss progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Cookies for the Cure

To raise a little extra money for Team Cal Fire, I decided to make cookies and sell them. I figured a few people might buy them. What I didn't (really) expect was for ots of people to want them! They turned out pretty cute, if I do say so myself. I Iced each cookie and piped on the lettering. Within the first 24 hr I made 14 dozen cookies. That's 168 cookies! ALL individually decorated. By mid-thurs i realized I must have been temporarily insane to post such an idea on facebook!

Did I mention I piped (writing w/ a decorating bag) ALL 168 of those cookies? Every. Single. One.
Last week i was reading up on a couple baking blogs I follow and one ofthe ladies was talking about using edible ink to draw a jack-o-lanterns face. The light bulb finally went on! I have edible ink markers in my fridge. I couldv'e used those to write on those (168!) cookies. But alas, I am not always the sharpest tool in the shed so I didn't think of it.

I have a few orders for this weekend and you bet your bottom dollar i will be using those edible ink pens!
Oh and thanks to the cookie orders I've been able to raise close to $130! woohoo! Possibly more. I just can't remember :)


 



No comments: