Here's a tasty recipe I found in the Better Homes & gardens magazine. By the way, I have found a new love for this magazine. It is borderline obssession! Anyway. I tweaked a couple things and doubled the recipe. Here goes...
1- Roasting Chicken, approx 5lbs. (you can also get an already made roasted chicken from the store)
1 medium brown onion
1Tbsp Olive Oil
2/3 C Cider Vinegar
1 C Tomato Sauce
2 Serrano Chile Peppers
1 Sweet Banana Chile
Sprinkle of dried Thyme
3 Tbsp Molasses
4 Tbsp Water
Couple dashes of Salt
6-8 Kaiser Rolls/Buns
1. Cook your chicken. I roasted my own 5 1/2lb chicken in the oven for approx 1hr 45min
4. Remove the skin of the onion, cut it in half and chop each half into strips
5. Toss those bad boy into your hot skillet and saute them until they are slightly browned and tender
9. Add the Tomato Sauce, Thyme, Salt, Water, Molasses and Chiles to the onion mixture.
11. Add the chicken to the mixture and stir until coated
P.S. Sorry I didn't catch a picture of the finished product on a bun. I was hungry...
P.S.S... Next Time I plan on adding more peppers and onions because well, I'm a pepper and onion lover. I also think having it a touch sweeter would be even tastier. I think I am going to throw in 1/4C of pineapple juice next time.