Weight Loss progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Sunday, September 12, 2010

My Inner Nerd

I will be the first to admit I am a musical theater nerd. I love love love it. From the opening number in "Bye Bye Birdie" to my solo of "On My Own" from Les Miserables to sitting in the second row in a New York City Theater watching "Bring in Da Noise, Bring in Da Funk"... Musical Theater sucks me in. I loved being on stage in high school and I greatly enjoy going to the San Diego Civic.

When I looked at the 2010-2011 season at the Civic, I was overjoyed. One of my all time favorite shows, Beauty and the Beast, is finally making its way to the West Coast. I'm not sure if it was the Disney cartoon that captured my heart in such a way or performing in the show. "Ramona Amateur Theaters" debuted the show in the gymnasium on D street in Ramona. Not the most glamorous venue but it worked. I didn't have a large role. ok, I had 3 very very small roles.

 1) The witch at the beginning that turns the prince into the beast.
2) a "towns person" with a small solo
3) a plate in the song "Be Our guest"

Not exactly my dream role of Belle.

I am hoping some friends will tag a long for the show but if not, I am good with going stag. I may sing along, I may get teary eyed and I will for sure give a standing ovation at the end.  No matter what, I am going and there's nothing you can do about it. :) October 29th can't get here fast enough

No comments: