Weight Loss progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Do It Yourself

I've been needing a small dresser for my bedroom. I have acquired quite a few pairs of workout pants, t-shirts etc. I didn't want to spend a fortune on something that would just be holding folded t-shirts so i went to K-Mart to check out their selections. I rarely shop there but I didn't feel like driving all the way to Poway. Lucky me, I found a decent 4- drawer dresser for $40. Not too bad.

I didn't think it would be too difficult to put together. The box was pretty big so I expected bigger pieces and a few screws. I knew it would take me about an hour,tops.

Then I opened the box...

27 Pieces... not including screws/nails.

I thought it would be easier to separate the different types of screws.


Really? That's a bit excessive, don't you think? 150 screws/nails total. Ridiculous.

So after an hour and a half of looking at the directions and attempting to decode the pictures(zero written directions!), I had the frame put together.

It didn't fall over when I sttod it upright so I guess I did something right. I moved onto the drawers. I didn't think that would take very long. A couple of knobs, sides and a back... easy right? Not so much. It is pretty difficult to tighten a screw into a knob when the knob keeps turning. I had to grip it with one hand and tighten the screw with another hand. I felt like layers upon layers of skin was getting ripped off of the hand holding the knob because it kept moving. it took forever.

So 27 pieces, 150 screws/nails, multiple scratches, a smashed toe, missing skin and 3 hours later... I finished the dresser.