Weight Loss progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Rainy Days and Illnesses

So many people are sick right now. Thankfully, I am not one of them. I rarely get sick. I think my last cold was about 5 years ago. I feel for those that are under the weather. Sadly, life doesn't stop just because people get sick( eventhough we would like it too). I send well wishes to all who are under the weather.

I have to say though, cold rainy days are some of my favorite days. Maybe it is because it makes it easier to snuggle under my blankets and sleep during the day. Between the cold weather and bunches of sickly friends I have been inspired to make soup today.

Wonderful, tasty, very easy to make Chicken Tortilla Soup. I have no recipe really, I just throw things together. Thats one of the best things about soup. However, people have asked so here's the "recipe" if you will. I dont generally measure, just chop, open, pour. Add to or take awake from as you wish..

32oz Chicken Broth (I get the low sodium, fat free)
1 can tomato sauce (not the huge one unless you are making ALOT of soup)
1 can diced tomatos (no salt added)
1 can black beans
1 can whole kernal corn (no salt added)
2 pieces celery, chopped
1/2 onion chopped (I used white because thats what I had)
1 fresh jalapeno pepper, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
4 Chipotle peppers in Adobe sauce, thinly sliced
4 cooked chicken breasts
chopped cilantro, to taste
1 clove garlic, chopped ( I get the pre chopped in a jar)

Optional toppings:
Cheese
Sour Cream
avacado
tortilla chips

Pour chicken broth, tomato sauce, diced tomatos and corn into crock pot. Drain Black beans and rinse, add to crock pot. Stir. Add in chopped veggies. Stir. Add in chicken, cilantro and garlic. Stir. Turn crock pot to high for 3 hrs then drop to low until ready to serve. The longer it cooks, the better the spiced come together. Spoon into bowls and add desired toppings.

There ya have it. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Jessica LaTour said...

Ooo! You're making me drool.

Anonymous said...

Wow its like my own little grocery store