Weight Loss progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Friday, February 20, 2009

Vacay Re-Cap

It is amazing how fast time goes by when you're not working. I've been on vacation for a little over a week. Today is my last day :( well.. to be honest, I love my job and I am ready to go back. I didn't do a whole lot during my time off but I soaked up time with some friends I haven't seen in a long time, game night with the family and an unforgettable Valentine's Day.

I email my sister-in-laws and best friend and told them "Auntie Shannon's Day Care" would be open on Valentine's Day. These three couples work so hard and are such amazing parents so i thought I would take the wee ones off their hands so they could have an evening out. Due to to alternating weekends and some illnesses I only had one date that night.. the precious little Miss Peyton. I cannot tell you how much fun I had. First of all.. I didn't have to share her with aunts, uncles grandmas or grandpa. Call me stingy.. well.. yah.. I am. She was dropped off around 4 and the fun began! We played with her toys, played with the neighbors puppy, and made a special dinner. I thought for kicks I would turn on one of my all-time favorite movies and see if she liked it. I pushed the "play" button and the wonderful sounds of "The Wizard of Oz" filled my tiny apartment. She wasn't so into it at first but the moment Judy Garland started singing, she was captivated. Just as I was when I was a little girl. Later I found she liked when I jumped out from behind the couch. She would laugh, squeal and clap her hands. I was laughing so hard I was crying. Finally around 930 I was sitting on the floor watching her play with her toys when she walked over to me, sat on my lap, put her head on my chest and went to sleep. It just doesn't get any better than that.

My dear friend, Melissa was visiting from Chicago so we met up with our friend Eric and went to Chevy's for dinner. I got the strangest directions off of google. It had me driving through parking lots, turning on weird streets. I missed one turn and decided to make a U-Turn at the next light. Unfortunately that light was about 3 miles in the opposite direction.. Then I circled the parking lot for a good 10 minutes to find a parking spot. It was so good to see Melissa and Eric. The three of us went to Vanguard together and have quite a few mutual friends. Mel is a 5th grade teacher and her stories are so fun! I can't wait to go to Chicago to visit her. Definitely not during the winter though!

Apparently this was the week for travel because my former boss from UBOC ramona office and her family were visiting from Connecticut. At first all of their San Diego friends were going to meet at a Japanese place in Oceanside but due to circumstances, I was the only one that could make it. We went to Joe's Crab Shack instead. OMG.. such good food! That was the first time I had ever been there. I can't wait to go back.
The only thing I didn't like is the fact that the place in oceanside as 2 of the smallest parking lots in america! I loved hearing ALL about Mansfield Connecticut. I simply cannot wait to go visit. Kelly and troy gracu=iously offered me a place to stay. They are an hour from Boston and 2 hrs from new York.. yay!!! I've always wanted to go to Boston. It was so good to get caught up with them. I still cannot get over how big their son, Gavin has gotten! I was his 2nd baby sitter (that wasn't family). Kelly is the wonderful boss that taught me how to crochet!


Besides meeting up with friends from out of state, I got to spend time with my BFF and watch "The bachelor" with her. I soak up that time with her. We do a lot together but my most favorite times are sitting on her super comfy couch, watching our favorite reality shows and relaxing.
All in all it was a fantastic vacation. Back to the daily grind tomorrow..

1 comment:

Penny said...

Some of the BEST vacations are simply spent at home, with friends and family.