Weight Loss progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Balboa Park

I can't even remember the last time I went to this place. I've forgotten how truly beautiful the park is. Plus, being there with Jared made it even better!

First stop was the San Diego Railroad Museum. This place is amazing. The detail the put into the trains and "communities" they travel through is simply unbelieveable. We tried to get as many pictures of that detail as possible. From tiny little hikers on the sife of the mountain to people sitting on the train reading magazines to an itty bitty preacher standing in front of a pipe organ in the little white church.


Yes folks, that's a dinosaur...
This guy gets a cool button! He gets to play w/ toy trains all day long! How fun would that be!

From there we walked around looking at the gorgeous buildings, walkways etc. We stopped at the Koi pond and watching these little guys swim around. There was a young family near us and we were their captive audience for a good 10 minutes. Their little girl was adorable and asked some of the funniest questions.

As we made our way back to where we started, Jared uttered words that I had been dreading. "Let's go do some of the science stuff". My immediate thoughts: "awwwww man! It's my day off and I have to do something slightly educational? Boring!". But being the perfect good girlfriend that I am, I went along with the idea. We headed into the Ruben H. Fleet Science Center. Oh.my.goodness. That place there can be hours of fun! Jared and I were seriously like kids in there. We were especially captivated by the San Dunes Machine, Tornado Maker and the contraption that looked like a giant Pin Ball machine.
It was a fun afternoon indeed.

No comments: