Weight Loss progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thursday, April 9, 2009

My "Bear"

I was a junior in high school when I found out I was going to be an aunt for the first time. Although I was shocked, I was so excited. Then I found out it was a girl! I rode to the hospital with Jimmy and it seemed like it was taking forever to get there. Then we had to sit and wait until she was born! On April 6, 1998 at approx. 3:10am my first niece, Alissa Renae, was born. I couldn't wait to get in the room and see her.

I will never forget the first time I held her. I looked down at this tiny little girl with brilliant blue eyes and I was in love. A smile formed on her lips when she looked at me. She had this auntie hook, line and sinker with that smile.

My mom watched her a lot so I got to spend a boat load of time with her. I loved her deep belly laugh, her curly blonde hair and her smile that could melt my heart any hour of the day. I've always felt the word "aunt" made me sound old. So I opted for her to call me "auntie". Being the youngster she was, she couldn't quite say the word so it ended up sounding like "tee tee". Over the years it has stuck and my other nieces and nephews call me that. I absolutely love it.

I remember one day I took her to Stater Bros with me. We were walking down the aisle when she spotted a younger guy down at the end. Now we all know kids have no volume control on their voice.. so when she said " tee tee he's cute!".. it came out quite loud! He stopped, looked up and smiled. I couldn't do anything but turn bright red and laugh. For the record, he was indeed a cutie!

Somewhere over time I started calling her "bear". I have no idea where it came from but no matter what she will always be my little bear. She turned 11 this last monday. I stood there looking at her, completely amazed. She's so precious to me. I don't get to see her or spend as much time with her as I would like. I am hoping to change that this year and in the years to come. She's almost as tall as me and that freaks me out like you wouldn't believe!

Occasionally I grab her while she is walking by, pull her onto my lap and try to hold her like a baby. In an exasperated tone filled with laughter she says "teeeee teeee". Oh how I love this kid! She has a knowledge of horses and animals that I am jealous of. She is strong, sensitive, stubborn, beautiful, full of life, smart and funny. I can't believe how big she is getting. This auntie could go on forever but I better stop before I become a blubbering blogger.. more than I already am right now :)

Happy Birthday my no so little "Bear". I love you SO much!

No comments: