Good Eatin' Nachos:
1 Whole Wheat Pita
3-4oz Cooked Chicken, chopped or Ground Turkey
1/3 cup Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese
1/4 cup Vegetarian Refried Black Beans
2 tbsp Pace Chunky Mild Salsa
1) Preheat Oven Broiler
2) Cut Pita into tortilla chip type shapes and place on baking pan
3) Place Pita in Broiler and baked 5-10 min, flipping once, until desired crispiness
4) Heat refried black beans on stove top for 1-2 minutes, just until warm
5) Place Pita pieces on microwave safe plate
6) Sprinkle half the cheese on pita pieces, add chicken and sprinkle with the rest of the cheese. Microwave for 30-60 seconds or until cheese is melted.
7) Remove from microwave. Top with refried beans, salsa, avacado. Enjoy!
Health Facts: Calories: 428, Protein: 56g, Fat: 10g, Carbs: 40g
Those numbers may seem high but I assure you they are not!
Check out the nutrition facts from some popular restaurants:
Chili's: Kickin Jack Nachos w/Chicken (numbers do not include guac or beans)
Calories: 1340, Protein: 82, Fat: 92g, Carbs: 68
1 serving = 12 Nachos
Calories: 1390, Protein: 60, Fat: 80g, Carbs: 114g
Serving Size = 1 order
Calories: 1600, Protein: 59g, Fat: 83g, Carbs: 148g
There are plenty of other places that serve nachos but I think you get the idea.