Around this time every year I am bursting with Christmas spirit. I am basically an elf in dispatcher clothing.
I will be the first to admit that I go overboard on gifts. I spend oodles of time picking out wrapping paper, matching ribbon and bows, tags and wrapping each gift. I love it. All of it. And boy oh boy do I love me some Christmas music.
Day after Thanksgiving? Game on! The Ipod gets reacquainted with the Itunes "Christmas" play list. Catchy title, I know. From that moment on Christmas tunes are cranking from anything that has the ability to spew music.
I get ridiculously excited when I hear some of my favorite songs for the first time that year. I can't help it. They are just soooo good! So what are some of my favorite holiday tunes you ask (because I know all 4 of you are dying to know)?
In no particular order:
1) "Drummer Boy" by Josh Groban.
I could really stop right there. This song is beautiful. And that voice... ooooooooooooo LA LA! (sorry Jared).Enough drooling and back to the songs:
2) "O Holy Night" by Point of Grace
3) "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" by Gene Autry
4) "Christmas Shoes" by Newsong (grab a tissue for this one!)
5) "I'll be Home for Christmas"
6) "Christmastime" by Michael W. Smith
7) "It's Christmas Time" featuring Third Day and Various Artists from the City on a Hill album
8) Alvin and the Chipmunks Christmas Song
9) Anything from Trans-Siberian Orchestra
10) "Mary Did You Know" by Michael English
So now it's your turn. What Christmas songs put you in the holiday spirit?