Weight Loss progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Sunday, September 11, 2011

10 Years Ago...


9.11.01 Never Forget.


Ten years ago I was a Resident Assistant and  Sophomore at Vanguard University. I was up early getting ready for class. It was a normal morning. Until the knock on my dorm room door. Pounding is more like it. Pounding and yelling. A lot of yelling. "Shannon we are under attack! The United States is under attack". The girls from my floor gathered around a tiny television set and watched the footage. Shortly after my mom called to check on me. We only talked for a few minutes and I remember regretting that later in the day. Everything was so uncertain and I had only spent maybe 5 minutes on the phone with my mom.

I proceeded to class where everyone sat in silence. Tears flowing , eyes big with fear and uncertainty. Our professor could barely speak. We joined in prayer as a class then proceeded to Chapel where the entire school gathered and prayed. And prayed. And prayed some more.

Ten years later the emotions are just as raw. The memories just as alive.

This morning I stood in my shower and cried. Grieving, like it just happened today, for the thousands of lives lost. Civilians, Fire Fighters, Port Authority, Police Officers, and Military. Not only on that day but since.

What was meant to cause chaos, fear and uncertainty drew a Nation together. We've stood strong, fought back and overcome.

I will never forget 9.11.01. I will remember every day for the rest of my life. To those that gave their lives that day and who continue to fight for our freedom and serve our cities/states/country... Thank You.

No comments: