Weight Loss progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Saturday, September 17, 2011

The Farmer's Market

I've been wanting to find a good Farmers Market for some time now. Produce in the grocery stores can be expensive and it just doesn't last very long. When Jared and I went to the Strawberry Fields last year, we were amazed at how long they lasted. The ones I get from the grocery store last only a couple of days.

I also like the thought of more organic produce. I am not going to go crazy and buy organic everything but it definitely can't hurt to buy more than less.

My friend, Heather, and I went to the Rancho Bernardo Farmers Market a couple weeks ago. I was on the hunt for some white flowers for Michelle's Baby Shower.

I first heard about the Rancho Bernardo Farmers market from my friend, Morgan. She goes frequently and always raves about it on Facebook. So I asked her if they sell flowers at that one. She said they do and told me exactly where to go.

I was in flower heaven!!


They smelled amazing and I found exactly what I was looking for!


Heather even found some gorgeous gerber Daisies for her mom.

We explored the produces and it all looked so incredible. I didn't have enough cash on me so I didn't buy any but I definitely plan on going back! I mean, look at this... how can you resist?



Pardon me... I must go. I'm drooling...

1 comment:

Melissa said...

My brother works at Sams Club and he says he gets disgusted at how long they actually have fruit and vegetables before they go out on the floor. They don't last long because by the time they're out for sale, they've been sitting around forever. Apparently though, it's different at Trader Joes, where he used to work, they put stuff out the same day they get it. But yeah, prices at the grocery store are ridiculous. I just want one avocado with my salad and I have to pay $1.99 for it?! Get real!