Weight Loss progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Sunday, March 4, 2012

The 50/50 Plan: Update

Well folks, I haven't been doing so hot with this. But it is a new month and I have a new plan.

I've become too focused on the weight number and haven't thought enough about how I am feeling. The weight number does matter but feeling healthier and more energetic is important too. My clothes are fitting better despite the scales' refusal to go to a lower number.

That number though.. it just won't move. I'm stuck at 191. So, my new plan...

1) No sweets. Atleast until Easter. Probably not after that either. My friend, Melissa, has been keeping me accountable. She even gave me "consequences" for eating said sweets.
   * Carry a bag of sugar with me while I run
   * Call my mom and tell her to come over and take the sweets away
       or
   * Write " I will not eat sweets" 300 times and mail it to her within 2 days. (Can you tell she's a teacher?)
  I love the accountability though!! She even made me a graphic to put on my cell phone. It has come in handy more than once.

2) No weighing myself. I've become too obsessed with it. Like if I weigh myself 6 times in one day, the number will magically go down. It won't. I need to focus on what I am doing, not that stinkin number.

3) Keeping track. I'm back to my old ways... logging my calorie intake and my exercise. It is important and I need to get back into the habit of it.

So... current weight: 191.
Total loss so far: 5 lbs.

I am not giving up! I will do this!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I've been stuck too!