Weight Loss progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Welcome Baby Nixon!

My good friends, Heather and Cory, are proud parents of a bouncing baby boy!!!

Nixon Blake Costa
3/17/12
5:31am
6lbs 1oz, 20 in.

He surprised everyone by arriving 3 weeks early. When I got the text from Cory, I teared up real good. The picture was just one of the cutest I had seen. The more pictures Cory posted, the more I just had to hold this little guy!

I knew Heather would be exhausted and Cory would be too so I didn't ask if they wanted visitors at the hospital. I figured they could invite me or mention it if they felt up to it. Lucky for me, Cory said I could stop by on the 18th if I wanted to. I tried not to sound too eager in my reply. Truth is, I was ready to warm up my car that minute and go see that adorable little guy! I mean... look at this face. Who could resist it?


I tried to make it clear that I didn't have to go visit at the hospital. I wanted them to get some rest and bond with their son. BUT... I am really really glad I got to see him. I held him for the longest time. Cory went to get something to eat so Heather and I chatted. Nixon slept all cozy in my arms. I just couldn't stop looking at his sweet little face.

I am so so happy for my friends! I know they are going to be great parents. They are two of the nicest people I know. I am excited to see Nixon grow and change and to hear all of the fun parenting stories from Heather and Cory. And I definitely can't wait to hold him again.

Congratulations Costa family! and Welcome to the world Nixon!!

No comments: