Strawberry Lemonde Scones, I had to give it a try. A few weeks ago I froze some fresh strawberries and I have been dying to use them. So I thawed and used those instead of fresh and freeze-dried strawberries. I also didn't have any Lemon Curd on hand so I used this recipe. It was so easy and didn't take much time!
2 1/2 Cups Flour
2 Tbsp Sugar
1 Tbsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
1/2 Cup butter (chilled, not softened), cut into cubes
1 Cup diced Fresh Strawberries
1/2 Cup Freeze Dried Strawberries
1 Tbsp Lemon Zest
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 C Heavy Cream
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. With a pastry blender, cut in butter cubes until mix is coarse crumbs. Gently add both kinds of strawberries and the lemon zest. Make a well in the center of mixture and set bowl aside.
2) In a medium bowl mix eggs and cream. Add egg mixture to flour mixture. Gently stir until well mixed.
3) Place dough onto a well floured surface. Gently knead the dough by folding and fressing about 7 times, turning a quarter turn after each fold. Move dough onto a lightly floured parchment paper lined baking sheet. Pat dough into a 3/4in thick circle. Cut circle into wedges and separate slightly.
4) Brush each scone with cream and sprinkle with sugar. Bake 16-20 minutes.
5) Drizzle with lemon curd and sprinkle with sugar again or coarse sanding sugar. Makes 8-12 scones.