Weight Loss progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Friday, July 8, 2011

Loss


I don't understand death. I know it is a real part of life but the "why" is never fully explained. It is a question that only God can answer. It is an answer only God can fully understand. 

Yesterday our Unit, City, State and Country lost a true hero. Colby was a fire fighter for Cal Fire and a Marine in the US Marine Corps. I can't say I knew him all that well but I am thankful I knew him. He was part of a family. Not just his wife and kids but the Fire Service family. A family that stretches across the state and across the country. A family structure that isn't always understood by people outside of the fire service.

I've had to shroud my badge many times in my (almost) 5 year career with Cal Fire. Too many times, in fact. But this time is different. This time I know the person, even if it isn't all that well. His will be the first department funeral I will attend, when the time comes.

My heart is so sad for his family and our Cal Fire family. It is a reminder that life is precious and we shouldn't take anything for granted.


No comments: