Weight Loss progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Never Forget


7 years.. Sometimes I can't believe it has been that long and other times the pain and sadness is so strong it feels like it was yesterday. Never will I forget where I was, what I was doing or how the events of that day unfolded in front of my eyes. The tears shed, the hugs given and recieved. And worst of all the waiting.. would my friends aunt survive? where had she been? was my other friends father flying one of those United airplanes or did his schedule get changed.. would they find any survivors.. anywhere?


We all remember that day. If not everything, then some portion of the day. Every year on Sept 11 I take time and reflect on that day: the lives lost, the world and how it was effected. Hundreds of Law Enforcement, Fire Fighters, Port Authority personnel etc gave the ultimate sacrifice by running towards the mayhem to help the innocent. Thousands of innocent civilians lost their lives. The sacrifices for freedom carry on with our Military defending our country overseas.


So today take the time to remember. Honor our fallen brothers and sisters. And most of all... Never Forget 9/11/01.

No comments: