Weight Loss progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thursday, August 27, 2009

10 Years

This weekend is my 10 year High School reunion. I'm still in shock. Part of me feels old. Another part feels like high school was just a couple years ago. I've been thinking back on those times and the years in between. I wonder what I have accomplished. In the eyes of most people, probably not a whole lot. In my mind, I am happy. Therefore the biggest goal or dream has been accomplished.

People ask "If you could do high school over again, would you?". Honestly, I wouldn't. I had a great time in high school but I am enjoying being an adult. Some of the highlights though:

**Freshman Year P.E. : Having the class w/ 3 of my friends and meeting Jessica, my bestie. 14 yrs later we are closer than ever.
**Also in freshman yr P.E.: our team vs heather pyle's team in street hockey. Not sure if we won but man, they were mean and there were a few screaming matches.
**Slumber parties at Summer's House
**Sophmore year making it into Show Choir.
**Show Choir Competitions almost every weekend
** Football games (eventhough we didn't actually watch the games).
** Senior Ditch Day at Sarah's House
** Being mad at Summer, Jessica and Mary when they ditched school and left me standing on the curb waiting for them before school started.
** Watching "Welcome to the Dollhouse" and "Romy and Michele's High School reunion" about 1,000 times
**Walking into Show Choir late during Senior Year as Mrs. Beck was giving the speech about coming to class on time after lunch
**Traveling to New York
** Summer school crushes
** Going on "walks" with Mary and Summer so we could stop by our crush's house. And yes, all three of us liked him at one point.
**NSYNC concert w/ the girls. (yes, I know.. a boy band..)
**Driving all over San Diego county to win a radio contest and backstage passes to said NSYNC concert. For the record, WE had the 1993 Nickel that was needed and the team who got there 30 seconds before us didn't. Yet they won the passes... stupid 93.3
**Running in a circle around a huge area rug @ Jessica's to the Friends theme song.
**Tech week for Play Productions
** Coach Koch's Chocolate Chip pankcakes during finals week.
** Passing notes between classes.
** Sitting under our favorite tree during freshman year.

Oh the list could go on forever. High School was a good time but I am glad it is over. I am happy where I have ended up in life. Sure there have been a few bumps along the way but they have made me a stronger person. It poses to be a fun night full of memories, hugs and laughter. I'm looking forward to seeing some old friends and getting caught up on life.

1 comment:

Penny said...

You will have SO much fun!