Weight Loss progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Friday, August 21, 2009

The Key..

Yesterday I made a bunch of treats for one of the stations. When I arrived at the station the car key wouldn't come out of the ignition. I figured I was having a "blonde moment" and didn't put the car in park. So I reached down to the gear shift (is that what it's called??) and it was already in park.

I had a pie on my passenger floor that was well on its way to melting and the stupid key wouldn't come out!! Put it in drive, neutral, park. Key still stuck. OK.. Turn it on, put it in reverse, drive, neutral, park.. still wouldn't give the key back. I started sweating and thinking how embarassing this was. How was I going to face the guys in the station and tell them why I couldn't stay for a few minutes?!? (and not get teased until the end of time).

They were gracious. I excused myself for a moment and went to try again. Still stuck. I just sat there completely unsure of what to do. After about 5 minutes one of the guys came out.
Firefighter #1: Did the key come out?
Me: Nope
Firefighter #1: here, let me try
Me; Oh, you know stuff about cars?
Firefighter #1: No not really. but I thought I could try. I really don't know what I'm doing though.
Me: oh. well I appreciate the effort.
Firefighter #1: Starts the car, puts it in reverse, neutral, drive, park. The key is stuck.. still.

I went inside to say goodbye and firefighter #2 followed me out to try.
Me: So you think you can get it out?
Firefighter #2: not really but I am hoping it comes out so I can rub it in firefighter #1's face
Me: either way I hope it works.

Fire Captain:(Yelling from the kitchen window): hey Shannon can you stick around for 5 minutes?
Me: (super a tad frustrated at this point); yes, why
Fire Captain: I am going to try and Google the problem.
Me: Uh ok.. thanks
Fire Captain: (came outside after his google process): yeah couldn't find a solution but other people said they've had the same problem.
Me: great

I stopped by my parents house to have my dad look at it. Still wouldn't come out. So I called the dealership:
Me: Hi, the key is stuck in my ignition
Service Guy: Oh ok, what kind of car is it and what year
Me: 2007 Ford Fusion
Service Guy: Oh well your car is a bit too new to be having that problem
Me: (silence)
Service Guy: go ahead and bring it down. If you get here after 6pm just leave the key in one of the envelopes and put it in the slot
Me: But the key won't come out of the ignition....
Service Guy: (laughs) Sorry, it's been a long day.

I ran home to get the extra set of keys, drove to the dealership, parked in customer parking, put it in park.. the key came out....

You know how everyone says that cars stop making the noise when you get to the mechanic? I experienced that first hand.

(side not: eventhough it came out, I left the car there and they fixed it).

No comments: