Weight Loss progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Being Prepared

With the fires raging in Northen California and a small fire while at work tonight, my mind automatically thinks about what it may be like in San Diego this fall. The fire danger in San Diego is here 24/7 , 365 days a year. It just gets a little bit worse between the months of September and November.

I think about all of the people up north having to evactuate. Remembering the fear and unknown that came with the 2003 and 2007 fire storms. I think about my phone ringing constantly. Friends and Family calling to make sure I was ok, where the latest evactuations were, where evacuation centers were, were there any new fires. Many questions I had answers to but no time to answer them because I was at work. I'm pretty sure I even called some of you back but Lord knows what information I gave to you! For all I know, the sleep deprivation may have caused me to tell some of you the nearest evacuation center was on Sesame Street.

In an effort to help everyone get prepared I thought I would make a list of refrences. For those of you that do not live in San Diego or even in the state of California, please google local information for Reverse 911 etc.
WEB:
**Sign up for Reverse 911 Notification: www.alertsandiego.org you can register your email address and multiple phone numbers. Including cell phones, business phone line and home phones.
**Nationwide Fire Information : www.wildlandfire.com
**Evacuations(including animals, evacuation centers, areas evacuated). www.sdcountyemergency.com
**What to do in case of a wildfire/Current state fire info http://www.fire.ca.gov
**Getting your home prepared/defensible space www.wildfirezone.org
**Fire Preparedness and Burn Prevention: www.burninstitute.org

Phone Numbers:
**Evacuation Info: dial 2-1-1
**Cal Fire (San Diego Only) Fire Information/Media Line 619-590-3160 (This is for fire on state land only. Not in the city of san diego, etc. AND for large fires only).

Here's an example Evactuation Checklist. Post it on your refrigerator. Also, The Burn Institute has a checklist that is a magnet. If you would like one, please leave a comment and let me know so I can get it to you.

Feel free to pass this info along to your friends and family. I know this isn't the most exciting blog entry in the world but it is important. I care about you and I want all of you to be safe :)

No comments: