Weight Loss progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Monday, September 7, 2009

Not So Little Little Things

No one ever wants to feel sick, especially when they are at work. Tonight I wasn't feeling up to par whatsoever. I had the chills, a scratchy throat and my head felt like it was going to explode. I curled up in my chair with my sweatshirt on and a blanket covering me...praying for the clock to magically turn to 7am. It felt like some kind of torture. I am NEVER sick. I didn't want to sound like a crybaby but all I wanted to do was go home and curl up in my bed.

The only thing that kept me going were the sweet emails from Jared. He knew I wasn't feeling good so he offered to bring me some soup and orange juice. The very offer was enough to make me all teary eyed (I'm such a girl sometimes..ugh). As touched as I was by the offer, I just couldn't bring myself to accept it. I am the one that is used to taking care of others.
The truth was I wanted him to bring me soup and orange juice and I wanted a hug from him in the worst way. It took me well over an hour a little while to humble myself enough to accept his offer. I don't know why it was so hard for me to just say yes. Maybe because it was after midnight. Maybe because I didn't want to inconvenience him. Maybe I just felt too proud to accept such a generous offer. OR maybe it is because I look scary beyond all reason on night shift w/ absolutely no make-up on. I don't really know.. but I am so glad I did.

The chills, headache and scratchy throat have since subsided and the orange juice and chicken noodle soup really hit the spot. I forgot how yummy they are. I never knew two little things could make such an impact on me. I realized once again how blessed I am to have Jared in my life. He brings me so much joy and always makes me laugh. He's tolerant when I accidentally scratch him or hit him with a chair (sorry again about that) or when I charbroil just about everything I cook for him. I am one lucky girl indeed!

1 comment:

Jessica LaTour said...

Awww! How sweet is that?! I hope you're feeling better!