Weight Loss progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Remembering

As I mentioned in my previous post, I met more of Jared's family on Sunday. They were all great but one stood out more than the rest.. his Grandma.

She's a tiny woman with curly hair and that wonderful, inviting "grandma smell". She gave Jared a good scolding when we walked in because she was, apparently, the last one to meet me. I couldn't help but laugh because that's exactly what my Grandma Covey would have done to me had to roles been reversed.

When I was leaving for work his Grandma wrapped me in a hug. My breath caught in my chest and tears sprang to my eyes. She pulled back and said "I am so happy for you and I am so happy for Jared". Her eyes were watery and sincere. She hugged me again and I found myself never wanting to let go.

My Grandma Covey passed away a little over 2 1/2yrs ago. She was on a mission to find me a nice guy. Even when she was having serious medical problems and had to go to the hospital, she was trying to set me up... Paramedics, male nurses, doctors etc. Somehow I always ended up as the topic of conversation. Lord only knows what stories she told them.

That moment with Jared's Grandma made me think about how happy Grandma Covey would be for me and how much she would love Jared. It also made me miss her more than I ever have in my life.

2 comments:

Jessica LaTour said...

What a sweet post.

Supercute said...

Awww, that's so sweet. That reminds me of my grandma's last night...she hadn't opened her eyes in a few days and we were all saying goodbye. I had left the room for a minute and as I was walking back in I saw Daniel talking to her and she had her eyes open and was looking at him. When we left he told me he was promising her that he would always take care of me, and I knew that's what she was waiting for. =)