Weight Loss progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Saturday, September 19, 2009

One Life, One Love.. One Year


A year can seem long yet seem so short. Jim and Jessica got married a year ago (tomorrow, Sept. 20). They are such a great couple. Always full of laughs, banter and most importantly, love.
Jim is my oldest brother. Sometimes we are so much alike it is scary. We used to fight a lot when we were kids. He's been through a lot in his life but he has become a stronger person because of it. He's pressed on and overcome some obsticles that would destroy most people and/or their family. Not Jim, though. He went back to school a couple years ago for massage therapy and graduated. I've never been so proud as the day I saw him walk up on the stage in his cap and gown. He's not just a brother though, he is one of my best friends. He's tall, strong and protective. I have to stay on my toes around him because he is always armed with some kind of joke. He does have a serious side that comes out when necessary. A serious side that loves his baby sister and wants to take care of her. I love seeing him with Jessica. His love for her runs deep and is unconditional. He's the happiest I've ever seen him.

Jessica is smart, beautiful, funny, creative and sincere. I'm so thankful to have her not only as a sister-in-law but sister. She makes my brother so happy. She loves him with her whole heart and it shows. Jessica knew from the start Jim had two kids. It was a lot for someone to take on but she did! I've sat their in silence watching her interact with my niece and nephew and I am constantly blown away. She loves them like her own. There are no words to express the gratitude I have for that. I love going to coffee with her, texting her at 3am when she is also at work, baking for family holidays. She is really an incredible person and our family wouldn't be complete without her.

Jim and Jessica met when they were in High School and both worked at the Wild Animal Park. They dated for a while but eventually grew apart. Years later they found eachother again, I believe on MySpace.

Jim had been in a previous relationship for years and was very unhappy. He loved his two children but didn't see marrying their mother just because of the kids. We supported him in that decision because we knew he was basically miserable. He certainly wasn't looking for a new relationship but Jessica had just unexpectedly walked back into his life. The love was instant for both of them. Honestly, I wasn't thrilled at the fact Jim had started dating someone so quickly after ending the other relationship. In the end though, they are perfect together.

One night Dad, Brian, Katie, Jim, Jessica and I went to the Padres game. I don't know how long Jim and Jessica had been dating but it was so fun to watch them. We were walking to our cars and they were playing around... Tickling eachother, laughing, pushing eachother off the curbs. Brian looked at me and said " It is so great to see them together. They bring out the fun, kid like side of eachother." I couldn't have agreed more.

Most say the first year of marriage is the hardest. Jim and Jessica have been through a lot but it has made them stronger.

Jim and Jessica: Continue to love eachother from the depths of your heart. You're a beautiful couple and a great example of love prevailing. Stay strong and look to eachother for comfort. I love you both beyond words. Happy First Anniversary!





No comments: