Weight Loss progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Friday, September 4, 2009

Would you like some Reunion with your Humidity?

Just as fast as I had thought, my high school reunion has come and gone. THANK GOD! It wasn't terrible but it wasn't the best time I've ever had. It was... awkward.. to say the least.

I felt like I was 17 again and getting ready for prom. I had the jitters pretty bad and my stomach was not a happy camper. Dress, check. Hair done, check. Make-up done, check. All the while the clock slowly ticked towards the hour of 5:00pm. I tagged along with my bestie and her hubs. I basically begged Jess via text message to take me with them. I was terrified a little nervous about showing up alone and having not one person to talk to. Thank goodness my partner in crime let me be their third wheel! (PS doesnt she look way cute!)


La Jolla was absolutely beautiful. Sunset, the beach, the smell of the ocean. Then you stepped out of your vehicle and you were smacked in the face with humidity. Hot, steamy, sticky, sweaty humidity. Had I known it was going to be like that I wouldn't have spent so much time getting ready. Heck, why even shower? As if the nerves of the evening didn't have you sweating enough, the weather made it just that much more enjoyable to hug the other sweaty people you hadn't seen in 10 years.

No really, it was a good time!

A cup of water couldn't be found for miles. Simply a cup to fill up in the bathroom couldn't be found for that matter. Call me cheap but I wasn't so stoked about having to pay a little over $2 for a bottle of water. WATER. There was a whole ocean right by us that I couldv'e gotten some for free (ignore the fact that it is salt water). Costco run anyone? A 36 pack of water is only $4 there.

We arrived and to our horror we were greeted by name tags with our not so flattering Senior Pictures. We breezed past the few Ra Ra's (cheerleader types) and Jocks and made a B-Line for the girls we rolled with in High School. It was great to see them and it reminded me why I actually enjoyed my high school days. Little drama and non-stop fun. They are fantastic women and I am so very proud of each of them. Sadly only 4 of us from the group were there but we are planning our own little reunion on Labor Day.

I have to say one of the highlights of the evening (besides the girl showing up in shorts and a tank top OR watching a guy steal a bottle of wine from the bar) was seeing Lori. Lori and I were in Play Productions together our senior year. Hands down one of the funniest people I've ever met and I love reading her blog. It felt like "oh my god.. its the Lori B." The one that keeps me in sticthes for days by the things she writes! I felt like I would be papparazzi if I had taken a picture of/with her. That's probably the inner 12 year old talking though. I'm sure she wouldn't have minded.

There were the few people that would give you the polite head nod or the "hey how's it going" followed by very awkward silence, an awkward glance then you would part ways in hopes of not running into them for the rest of the night. Others would act like they knew you back in the day when you know deep down they have no clue who you are. They are just standing close enough to read the stupid name tag so they can search their brain for a memory of you. I think I saw a total of 3 people on the dance floor dancing to the music from 1999.. uh yeah.. its not popular music anymore for a reason.

I have to say though that the food was G-O-O-D. Not that I got a big taste of the juicy steak. The serving lady took me quite literally when I said I wanted a tiny piece. Yep, my one inch by one in square of steak was fantastic!

All that said, I don't regret going. I had so much fun talking to the few people I did want to see. It was interesting to see how people had changed. Or in many cases, see how they hadn't changed. (a.k.a the girl that was stumbling around drunk off her tuckus). Thankfully I have 10 years to decided if I want to go to the next one. FYI ex Senior Pres RHS Class of 99.. no 15 yr reunion is required or wanted and please please PLEASE.. PUHHLEeeez have some water readily available that is included in the $75 ticket price :)

1 comment:

Jessica LaTour said...

Ha ha!!! Exactly. To all of it.

But we both forgot to mention former jock asking us for some "Sugar".

P.S. And you my dear were looking pretty dang cute yourself.