Weight Loss progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Adjusting

About two an a half weeks ago Jared started a new job. I'd tell you all about it and what the name of the company is and what types of things they do but honestly folks, I just can't remember. I know he works with machines and they make some kind of window tinting for well, windows. I also know they use some kind of chemicals that does something and you should probably wear a mask while using it. Oh and there's some really expensive version that costs some ridiculous amount of money per foot (or yard? or something?) and it's really bad if you mess up that one. I'm a bad girlfriend, I know.

Where I am happy he is working, I am struggling with this new schedule. He works 630am til 3pm Monday Thru Friday and mostly likely every other Saturday. I work Sun thru Tues and every other Saturday. In a perfect world, we would have the same Saturdays off. In reality it doesn't look like that is the case. So that means we don't have one full day off together. One of us will always have to leave for work or will have to wait for the other to get off of work. Sure, 3pm is a great time in the afternoon to get off but when you live an hour away from your significant other and you have to wake up at 430 am, it doesn't leave a whole lot of time to hang out.

I'm sure I sound like a spoiled brat. Most people don't get to spend almost every single day together during the first year they are dating. I know I am blessed and trust me, I savored every moment of that. But this new schedule is kind of kicking my butt. Jared is adjusting better than I am. Thankfully I know this isn't forever.

Regardless of all of that, I know God will give us the strength to get through this season one day at a time. I am so proud of Jared. We all have those "transition" jobs that we don't particularly love but know they are necessary for a time until we can start the career we really want. He has taken it all in stride and has adjusted to waking up at 430 in the morning like a trooper.

No comments: