Weight Loss progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thursday, July 1, 2010

One Year

Wow.
Today is mine and Jared's One Year Anniversary. This year has honestly flown by. I've been counting the days until July 1, 2010 and thinking about all of the things I could possibly write about. Now that the time has come, I am speechless. There's lump in my throat and my eyes keep filling with tears that are threatening to spill out. I am far more blessed than I ever thought I could be or deserved. So much so that when I say "Thank You Lord for Jared", it doesn't seem to be enough. It almost seems too simple.

I used to wonder what it would be like to be in a relationship that lasted more than a few weeks. I honestly never thought I would know. Yet here I am, sitting at work, willing the clock to speed up so I can see the man that swept me off my feet one year ago.

It is amazing what can change in a year. Jared was quiet sometimes and took a while to open up. I wondered if we would ever get there in our relationship. I wondered if I would begin to know all of those "little things" that you know about the people you are close to. Favorite food, favorite restaurants, what they drink at Starbucks, how they dress, knowing what they will say before they say it. I honestly didn't know if I could let the walls come down enough to let someone into my heart again buthe waited it out.

Jared is a patient man. More patient than almost anyone I have ever met. He is generous, sweet, funny, kind, stubborn, loving, chivalrous, smart, strong, has a smile that melts my heart every time I see it, can be a punk, a little dorky, not much of a planner... and I love him. I love him more than words can ever express. I love everything about him. I love him when he gets stupid songs stuck in my head, I love him when we disagree, I love him when he makes me laugh. He is the most precious gift from God. You know what the best part is?He loves me too! Even when I am stubborn (I know, shocking! But I can be on occasion), when I am cranky and when my work schedule is crazy. When I am sad he wipes away my tears and holds me tight. He is the man I have prayed for and asked God for since I was a teenager. It has been a wonderful first year with him and I am looking forward to many more!

Happy One Year Anniversary Jared. I love you!!!

3 comments:

Penny said...

I am so thrilled that you two amazing people have found each other. Being my 'little girl' makes it all the sweeter. EVERY mom dreams about the 'perfect' man for her daughter. THIS mom's dream came true. I love you both :)

Jessica LaTour said...

Sigh. Love!

So happy for you! And happy one year, lovebirds!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you Shannon! If there is ever anyone who deserves to be swept off of her feet, it's you! I love hearing about how happy and in love you are. This is what God intends for us, I'm sure of it :)