Weight Loss progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Saturday, July 10, 2010

The Anniversary

July 1, 2010 was probably one of the most wonderful days with Jared. I absolutely cannot pick a favorite day but this one is deifnitely in the top ten!
We wanted to keep it simple. We wanted to keep it inexpensive. We wanted to keep it, well, us.

We decided to make dinner together and my place. We made a Walnut/Feta/Craisin Salad, Balsamic Orange Glazed Salmon, Wild Rice Stuffing, Brie Bread, Chocolate Covered Strawberries, Dark Chocolate Creme' Brulee'. I know, I know.. That is A LOT of food for two people. But it was soooooooooo good!
I love cooking with Jared. It brings me more joy than I can even express. Plus, he is a great cook! We make a pretty great team in the kitchen.

I had gone to Michaels and got about a million 50 votive candles and lined the shelves, TV stand, coffee table and dining room table. We have dinner at my place quite a bit so I wanted to do something just a little different. I had soft music playing when he got there and I had found a really cute/comfy dress at Target to wear.

After dinner we danced to a song called "How beautiful" by Ben Utecht. It was romantic. Then we finally echanged gifts. I have been working on a photobook through Shutterfly for months. It captures most of the big events and fun things we did during our first year together. I also got him a new watch that looks great on him.

Jared out-did himself though. First off, he got me a card. He isn't much of a card person so this is basically a big deal. It was so sweet and romantic. I got a little choked up cried when I was reading it.  He ordered personalize M&M's in my favorite colors, pink and red. Plus had some pearl colored ones in there. They read "Shannon /Jared", "True Love" and "July 1 2009". They are so cute! He ordered 2 bags so I could keep one and eat one. Then I opened the little box. In it was a silver charm bracelet. He took it from me and began explaining each charm to me:

A Cake: because the first day we met was when I made the wedding cake for his mom and step dad plus i love to bake
Fire: because i work for the fire dept
A Coffee Mug: our first date was a coffee date
Chinese Symbol for Love: our first dinner date was at the Mandarin house. Plus it is one of our favorite places to eat
A Cat: for my cats, his cats and all the little cats we visit at Petco
A Cross: for church
A Heart that says "True Love"
Koala Bear: because we go to the zoo/wild animal park/sea world a lot
The Number 1 : for our 1 year anniversary
The Canadian Maple Leaf : our inside joke about Canada
As he was explaining each charm I couldn't help but cry. It was a thoughtful, heartfelt, special and deeply moving gift. It never ceases to amaze me how much Jared loves me. I cannot fully comprehend it but I certainly enjoy it.

We ate. We danced. We Kissed. We cuddled. We exchanged gifts. I cried. It was a perfect evening.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a special day! As always, I am so happy for you Shannon! This is the kind of love I believe God wants to bless all of us with! I'm so glad you share your life with us :)

Jessica LaTour said...

Ah, young love!

So glad you two had such a sweet day!