Weight Loss progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Hope

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans for hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Years ago I was given a bible by some friends at church and on the inside cover of the bible they wrote a quick message to me and gave the bible refrence to Jeremiah 29:11. Even then, I knew it would be the scripture that defines my life and the journey God would take me on.

Over the past few months I have watched close friends go through things in their lives that have left them hurt, scarred, sad and questioning their existence. What many of them lack is hope. Hope that someday things will turn around. Hope that someone, somewhere knows what will happen in their life. And hope that they will make it through this trial and be a stronger person for it. Some don't know about the hope God wants to bring all of us. Others simply do not want to hear it.

Although I am a christian, I forget about the hope that God has given me. I sometimes struggle with fear and I occasionally let the past dictate my future. I assumed that because one or two people did me wrong, others would follow in their footsteps.

But I will choose fear no more.

Lately I have been reminded about the hope God has promised me. No matter what has happened in past years, no matter what is happening right now and no matter what could happen in the future; God has promised me hope and a future.

No comments: