Weight Loss progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Falling Behind/Biggest Winner Halfway!

Oh dear... I am so behind on my blog. I haven't posted a picture since March 21st?!? I have a whole 10 days work of "Photo a Day" pictures to post, Oye. Where did my days off go?

In other news, last week marked the half way point in the "Biggest Winner Challenge" through Ramona Fitness Center. My goal was to lose 6 pounds in the first 3 weeks. That's 2 pound per week.. a healthy rate. Of course I would love to shed the 10 at a time like they do on "The Biggest Loser" TV show but that just isn't healthy for me.

As of the half way weigh in, I have lost 5.8 pounds. A mere .02 pounds from my goal. Someone told me I should just round that to an even 6. I might do that for my personal records but that is the official number for the competition. At the half way mark I have lost about 2 inches on my waist and about an inch on my hips. I am pretty happy with my numbers so far. It has been a lot of hard work but definitely worth it.

A lot of people have been asking me how I am staying motivated or how I got motivated in the first place. Well, one day I decided that I wasn't happy with how I looked and the only person that couldchange it was me. I didn't want to do some crash diet. No slim fast, no Atkins or South Beach, no Trim Spa or Hydroxy-cut. I simply wanted to eat the things I like and get moving. You know what? It has worked. I cut down the portions and I changed the way I cook things. I set small goals for myself like eat 2 additional servings of vegetable a week or walk for 10 minutes one time this week. The more I achieved those goals, the more excited I became and the motivation continued. Of course there are always those days where you don't want to do anything. On those days I made myself go anyway. Even if I did an easy walk for 5 minutes, I was there and doing something.

You know that saying "Mind over Matter"? It is so true. The biggest battle is getting yourself off the couch or out of the chair and doing something. Don't have money for a gym membership? Go walking. It's raining? Find an indoor workout online from Bob Harper or Jillian Michaels. The thing is, you will always find an excuse not to do something. I'm sore, I'm tired, I don't have time, I don't know what to do. Well, if you're sore drink a lot of water and get moving. Best way to ease the soreness is to get those muscles warm. If you're tired it is partially because you're not up and moving so you're losing energy. If you don't have time, wake up just 5 minutes earlier and start the day with a few jumping jacks or sit ups. And if you don't know what to do, use your resources online or the people you know that work out.

If I can do it, you can do it. It isn't easy. There are days when you want to quit. It is, however, rewarding. So like Nike says "Just Do It".

No comments: