Weight Loss progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Cookies for Kayla

Last week I ventured out on a labor of love. Katie's sister is halfway through her chemo treatments for Hodgkin's Lymphoma. The medical bills are already stacking up so her friends and family in Northern California put together a huge benefit concert to help raise money for medical expenses.

I was unable to attend due to my work schedule but I wanted to do something. Sticking with what I know (and know well), I decided to put together cookie bags for them to sell. Little did I know they were expecting somewhere between 300-500 people at the event. That is a lot of cookies!

I knew I couldn't make that many bags but I was going to do as many as possible. So Tuesday afternoon I began baking.

Wednesday I frosted and  baked some more.

I used the 'flooding" technique where you outline the cookie then fill it in with a slightly thinner icing and let dry 8hrs.
Thursday evening I baked even more. This time Chocolate Chip cookies with purple M&Ms.
350 cookies later I was ready to start stuffing bags. I had to have them all tied up and perty by Friday morning. I was done stuffing bags by 1:15am so I called it a night...er uh morning.

Friday Morning, Mindi, came over to help me tie ribbons and attach tags.


Then off they went to Brian & Katie's for their trip up north.
175 bags of cookies made with nothing but love. Sounds like they were a big hit at the event. It was a lot of work but absolutely worth it.

No comments: