Weight Loss progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Sticks and Stones

Who ever came up with the phrase "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me" was sadly mistaken.

Words are sharper than any knife, faster than any bullet, more dense and destructive than any bat or frying pan. Words reach into your heart and pierce the very center; leaving a gaping hole that takes a long time to heal. Days, weeks, months... sometime years. Words don't just have the power to hurt but to destroy. They have the power to take all sense of self worth, hope, trust, joy and peace right out from under you.

Usually I choose my words carefully but I do have a temper and I don't always control what I say. Whether I meant what I said or not doesn't matter. I still said it and I shouldn't have.

I've tried to live my life with no regrets. All of that has changed with one sentence. One sentence has made me regret the decision to speaks the words I didn't mean. In the process of my poor decision making, someone was hurt. Badly. I can't take the words back. I can't take the hurt away. I can't help but be so disappointed in myself for uttering words, that I didn't mean, while I was frustrated.

This has been the most aweful 24 hours of my life. I've hurt someone so precious and dear to me. I've tore a whole in the heart of a beautiful person that loves unconditionally and would do anything for their friends or family. I know how much I am hurting over this so I can only imagine how much worse it is for that person.

So friends, be careful with your words. Stop for a moment and think before you speak. Don't say things you don't mean. Learn from my mistake. The stakes are high and it is not worth the gamble.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Knowing you and the big heart you have makes me think that this will blow over pretty quickly. You are a kind and loving person and I'm sure the person you hurt will see how this was a comment made at an emotional time for you and that you truly didn't mean it. Admitting your wrong doing, and in such a public way, is a huge step in the direction of forgive and forget-ness.

Keep your chin up and things will start looking up again soon. <3

Penny said...

The hardest thing is to forgive yourself. Even though the person forgives you, and God forgives you, it's still SO hard to forgive yourself. It's human nature. It's also something that must be prayed through, so that you finally have peace. It's a hard life lesson, but it's also something to be learned from. This too shall pass, my beloved daughter. I promise.