Weight Loss progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Friday, May 23, 2008

Going the Distance

I've been learning that weight loss is a lot of hard work. I want results now but I know that isn't the answer. I am stoked that I have lost 8 pounds so far. It has taken about 5-6 weeks. I fear I have hit a plateau of sorts. I know weight can fluctuate with water weight gain and such. People have given me plenty of advice. My biggest struggle is sticking with it. I have slacked on going to the gym lately. Im going to get back into it though. Someone told me it is best to measure your waist. It makes sense. Afterall, the goal is to feel better and look better. Weight is just a number.

In an attempt to increase calorie burn and strength training, I have decided to take up running. Crazy huh? Never in my life have I been a runner. I mean, ask my dad.. When I played soccer as a kid I spent more time chatting with Shannon Brown than I did actually running up and down the field playing the game. I did try a little bit harder with basketball. The only time I some-what enjoyed running was my freshman year of high school when I was on the track team. Brian and I did our warm up laps together. That was the extent of the enjoyment. I hated "running" the mile in high school. Why did they put us through that kind of torture? How mean! I walked most of it. Leasurely walked that is.. It was more of a social time and bonding with my friends though. Freshman P.E. was the beginning of a long, beautiful friendship with Jessica. A couple friends of mine back east have started running and gave me websites that have beginner training routines. 5 min warm-up, run 60 sec, walk 90 sec. Do that for 20 minutes 3 times a week. Not too bad right? My goal is to eventually run 5k (3 miles). So monday is the beginning of training.


Atleast I can go to the gym and run on the tredmill and I don't have to worry about this crazy weather! It is absolutely pouring right now. Isn't it usually africa hot during Memorial Day? I can't complain too much. It is a great day for sitting on the couch, crocheting baby blankets and watching reruns of old family favorites like Full House, Saved By the Bell, and Gilmore Girls. Brings back the memory of watching "TGIF" every friday night with the whole family. Full House, Step by Step, Family Matters. ahhh memories... They may be somewhat cheesy with their tender music and life lesson at the end but I still love them.

No comments: