Weight Loss progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Friday, April 16, 2010

View From the Top

Yesterday my dear friend, Ashley, and I braved a hike up Mt Woodson. Those of us that live in Ramona or have been to Ramona via Hwy 67 pass that lovely mountain on a weekly basis (if not more).

It isn't an easy climb. There's a paved road that goes all the way to the top and it by no means is flat or just slightly up hill. There are quite a few spots that are steep and it is definitely a challenge.

I was on the lookout for snakes but thankfully I didn't see any. Although seeing one of those slithering menances would have definitely gotten me to the top even faster. We made it to the top in 45 minutes. Not too shabby for two ladies that are trying to get into shape and haven't hiked that mountain in a LONG time.

Once we got to the top we collapsed sat on a log for a breather. Maybe 2-3 minutes after we sat down, a man came walking up the path (barely out of breath) and touches a nearby yellow pole. He looks at us sitting there and asks "Did you touch the yellow pole? You haven't officially made it to the top unless you touch the pole". Are you KIDDING me? After a minute or so I got the strength to stand up and touch the pole. I touched it twice... once for me and once for Ash. Stupid tradition!

It was a great hike and I definitely want to do it again. Especially after my brother says " I made it up in 21 minutes". Grrrr! And I was so proud of my 45. I will get you big brother! I am getting in better shape and you are getting older.


Here's Ash and I at the bottom before we started.. Looking fresh.

View from the top looking towards lakeside area


Us at the top looking not so fresh and a bit more sweaty.

Please ignore the fact that we look absolutely hideous in these pictures. Well, I do anyway..

No comments: