Weight Loss progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

How to Train your Dragon

Jared has talked about getting a Bearded Dragon for as long as I can remember. This place happens to be right next to our Starbucks:
We generally grab a cup of coffee then wander over to petco to say hello to the kitty cats that are up for adoption. When Jared and I started dating I had a very firm "no reptiles" rule. Over the last 10 months, I have studied and looked at these baby bearded dragons. I have even grown somewhat fond of them *gasp*.

Jared finally bought his baby dragon, Pandora, and she is happily adjusting to her new home in Jamul. I was even brave enough to hold her. She is really mellow and just sits in your hand. For those germophobes out there, I washed my hands before and after with soap and scalding hot water. No samenila for this one!
I'm not saying I was totally calm the first time I held her but I think I did ok. I just prayed the whole time that she would just sit there and not decide to scurry up my arm.  Please ignore the stupid look on my face.


1 comment:

Dan LaTour said...

Reptiles are interesting pets. A big 2 foot iguana almost took my thumb off one time so I'm a bit freaked out by lizards. I think I'd be ok holding a small Bearded Dragon though.