Weight Loss progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Monday, December 14, 2009

New Traditions

Christmas is one of my favorite holidays. Okay, so its my favorite holiday. An old friend of mine once said "being single is one thing but being single during the holidays is a whole new level of loneliness". Wow. I don't know about you but I have felt that way so many times in my life that I have lost count.

I've always ejoyed lighting some Gold Canyon Spruce and Citrus candles, turning on some christmas music and decorating my tree. The only problem was doing it alone. Not only do you have to fight to keep your lips from quivering and the tears from welling up in your eyes because the loneliness is so strong you can barely breathe, you have no one to admire the tree with you when it is done. There's also the problem with wrapping the lights, beads or ribbon around the thing. I don't know about you, but my arms have no resemblence to those of stretch armstrong therefore I have to wrap around the front, toss them around the back and jump to the other side to continue the chain around the diameter of the tree. Not an easy task when you're running solo.

This year it was a different story. I have a man in my life that has changed everything. Brought me more joy than I could have ever hoped or prayed for. During a week that I know his heart was breaking due to the loss of his Grandpa, he still chose to spend an evening with me decorating the tree and watching Christmas movies.

It was a perfect evening. We had a little dinner, turned on some Christmas tunes and set out to decorate. I loved every minute. Poor guy even hung in there while my OCD tendencies kicked in and I rearranged the ornaments numerous times as to avoid same shape, size, color and pattern would not be right next to eachother. We danced around and sang to goofy and the not so goofy songs. I thought for sure I would get made fun of for having Mariah Carey's "All I want for Christmas is You" on my play list. Much to my surprise he knew the song and even admitted to liking it. (yes babe I just threw you under the bus :) ). We snuggled and watched Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer(eventhough the sound his nose makes is somewhat disturbing), Frosty the Snowman and Santa Claus is Coming to Town. Three of my all-time favorite Christmas movies!

As if the evening hadn't been wonderful enough, Jared suggests that we make this our own Christmas tradition. Yes!yes! yes! absolutely yes we will.

1 comment:

Penny said...

Aw, you guys are sooo cute. I love you both. Jared is a special special man. I hope he knows that. And I think it's absolutely wonderful that you two are making your own traditions, tailor-made, just for you. Here's to many more years of personalized traditions! :)