Weight Loss progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thursday, December 31, 2009

The End and A Beginning

I know 2009 wasn't the best year for a lot of people. I, myself, had my share of heartache..pay cuts, passing of friends, friends having multiple miscarriages, words that cut me to the very core of who I am.I am sure there are many more but when I stop and really think it over, all I can remember are the good times. New friends, a cake business, weight loss, an amazing boyfriend, family dinners, the announcement of a new nephew on the way, hugs and kisses from my nieces and nephews, coffee dates..the list could go on. To me, the blessings seem to outweigh the trials. I had a great year and that may be an exception to the norm for 2009 but I wonder..does some of that have to do with how we look at things?

To those who had a very rough year, I am sorry for all you went through. I am sure each of you feel like you have barely survived the year. I am by no means trying to down play what you have gone through. But take one thing in 2009 that was a blessing and think on that. Don't let satan, dark powers, bad karma (whatever you believe in) rule your life and make you despise 2009. End this year on a positive note in spite of the fact that has it chewed you up and spit you out, beaten you up,shaken your faith, pushed you to your limits and broken your heart. Look forward to 2010 and expect good things. (and I hope none of you are offended by all of that)

I'm not big on resolutions but I do have a few goals. I am thinking I may even set one goal for each month. So for January 2010 my goal is to get back on my weight loss track and start moving towards losing that last 20lbs.

Let me know one (or more)thing in 2009 that you are thankful for and what is one goal you have for 2010?

1 comment:

Angela said...

I am thankful for God's grace, and my family and friends.
Among my goals, getting back on my own weight loss journey.
(You look great, btw, and I love reading about you and Jared!)
Wishing you all the joy in the world this upcoming year!