Weight Loss progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thankful Thursdays

I don't know about you but when Thanksgiving approaches I really begin thinking about what I am thankful for. What I realized is that I shuldn't focus on what I am thankful for only during the month of November. Sometimes I get so caught up in the negatives in life I forget about all the good that is around me. Tell me I'm not alone in this, right?

Right?...

Well it is high time for me to change the way I think about things and focus on what I have instead of what I don't have, want, need, can't have etc. I don't want to just think about the things I am thankful for during the Thanksgiving season. Thus we now have (drum roll please) Thankful Thursdays!  I am hoping to recap the thing(s) I am thankful for each weej

I honestly don't know where to start. There is definitely a lot to be thankful for. The short list:
1. Election TV ads are gone
2. I start vacation today
3. Did I mention I started vacation today?

Ok seriously...
 It may sound Cliche' to be thankful for God first since  pop stars, country music stars, actors and actresses usually start out their acceptance speech with " I like to start by thanking God" . This is sooo much more than that.

I know I am not perfect. I know I mess up and I know I have a lot of room for improvement. Where humans may judge us on our short comings, God doesn't. Nor will He ever. I find more peace in that knowledge than anything else in the world.

Want to know something else that is great? He knows what plans he has for us! Why do we(me) get so worked up over what is going to happen when God already knows? If only I could remember that He has it all under control.

"Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever. " 1 Chronicles 16:34

No comments: