Weight Loss progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Party Time!

The only thing I really wanted for my birthday was a party. I was turning 30 and I felt like I wanted to really celebrate that. My birthday is 2 days after Christmas. It fell on a Monday this year and let's face it, everyone is still in the post-Christmas "fog" at that point. Birthdays around Christmas are no fun. It is such a busy time of year between family events, shopping and money stress.

I wasn't expecting or wanting anything elaborate. Just an evening of friends, family, snackies, music and maybe a drink or two and have it on New Years Eve. Well, that is exactly what I got. In fact, it was more than I couldv'e hoped for.

White twinkle lights, black/silver/hot pink color scheme, shiny stars hanging from the ceiling, lots of food, tasty drinks and a room full of people that love me.

The room was breath-taking and the details were amazing. I wanted a "New York" type theme so we could do the 9pm west coast/12am east coast countdown so people didn't feel like they had to stay super late. Especially those with little tykes. Well 9pm came and went faster than anyone realized. It was a very quick "3, 2, 1, Happy New Year" that only about half of the room heard.

Every detail was perfect. There were place cards marking the "names" of the dishes offered.









A candy "bar" for party favors (and for the kids to get the ultimate sugar high)


New York style cheesecake, Tasty Cupcakes and a New York Skyline Cake. Didn't my SIL jessica do an amazing job on that skyline? I think so!! And the cupcakes Minid made were absolutely adorable!


The kids had a great time dancing! Most of the adults were too shy (or too sober) to really get out there and get their groove on but a few of us did.


 I know it kind of looks like the WWF but they really were dancing.
I had friends from all walks of life join in the fun.




My favorite decoration was the sign on the wall. It said "Happy 30th Birthday Shannon" but the 3-0 was made up of pictures of me. Pictures from when I was little, from high school (scary), college, etc. It was the coolest idea! I wish I could've brought it home with me.


It was a really fun evening and it was everything I wanted and more. I was showered with love and gifts. My only regret? Not taking more pictures!!! I didn't get a single one of me with my family or with my bestie. Slack much? Oh and I forgot to put on the "30" Tiara that my friend, Emily, sent me. Woops! I may have to just get all gussied up in my pretty black dress and take a picture in it.

Thank You to everyone that was involved. Planning, making food, setting up, chipping in money, attending etc. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You! It was perfect.

Ha Ha Ha.. Got ya!




2 comments:

MammaMcC said...

Oh. My. Goodness. That looks like a ton of fun!!! I am so glad you got something sooo special for your birthday. You do sooo much for everybody that you deserve to be spoiled too. Kudoos to the family and friends that put this together for you Shannon. You are an amazing person and we wish you ALL the best. Love you.

Sarah G said...

What an awesome party dude.