Weight Loss progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Uncle Fred

For as long as I can remember my Dad's Uncle Fred has been part of our lives. He lived with my Grandma Covey when she was alive and continued to live with Grandpa Ernie. For the last few months he's been living with my parents. I can sum him up in one word.

Gentle.

An avid animal lover, Uncle Fred has owned more animals than probably anyone else I know. He is a giver. He always had something to give us kids. Especially at Christmas. We always joked about the swiss army knives he gave the guys in the family. For a while it seemed as though he gave them one every year for Christmas. Truth be told, they always came in handy. They really ended up being a perfect gift for the guys.

Unle Fred had had a rough couple of years. My Grandma passed away in 2007 then Ernie in 2010, the house he lived in foreclosed and now he has been diagnosed with cancer. I know people don't live forever but it is still heartbreaking news. My parents have done an incredible job taking care of him. They have done absolutely everything they possibly could. Sometimes he would thank them by picking up a bag of Hershey's Miniatures or some other kind of chocolate for them.

Uncle Fred is a good and sweet man. I love him. He could use some prayer.

No comments: