Weight Loss progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Monday, January 31, 2011

Take the Pledge

Last night, while at work, my partner and I watched Extreme Makeover Home Edition. Talk about a cry fest! Every episode was touching but this one really hit home.

17 Year Old Alex Brown was killed in a car accident in November 2009. It was a single vehicle accident. She was texting while driving, lost control over her vehicle and hit a pole. She wasn't wearing a seat belt.

Her parents and younger sister are left with a void that cannot be filled. A huge chunk of their lives were taken in an instant. Could you imagine if you were that family? I can't.

I think most, if not all, of us are guilty of texting while driving. I know I am. I really try not to but I slip up. While watching the show I realized even more that taking the time to read, reply or forward a text message while driving just isn't worth ricking your life. If you're running late, you will just have to be late and the person you are meeting up with will have to learn how to understand. If you forgot something at home and need it, you may just have to deal without it for the day. Everyone gets the " it will never happen to me" mind set. Only way to ensure that is true is to stop texting and driving.

So last night at the end of the show, I went on the foundation's website and took the pledge. No more texting and driving. Here's the link... will you take the pledge with me?  If you take the pledge, leave a comment and let me know you're with me. Even if you read this and never comment, take the time to do it this time. It is accountability.

No comments: