Weight Loss progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Sunday, January 9, 2011

What Have I Done?!?!

I officially registered for my very first (and potentially last) 5K run. I have this friend. Her name is Michelle. Michelle and I met through her hubby, Preston. Preston works for Cal Fire. Have the dots been connected for you? Good! Moving on...

So my friend Michelle had a baby about a year and a half ago. Since then she's been trying to get back to her pre-baby weight (eventhough she looks fabulous!). Her and I go back and forth of facebook. Encouragement, "attaboys" when we accomplish something, recipe ideas etc. I love it. She has been an inspiration to me. Last night I noticed she said her and preston were signing up for a 5K (3.1 miles) run. I commented. "Yay! Good job! I know you guys can do it" etc etc.. Then it happened.

She asked me if I wanted to join them. My pulse quickened, there were butterflies the size of gophers in my stomach and yet, I was excited. A 5K run? I've been toying with the idea for a while. I asked her which 5K run they were participating in. What she told me sealed the deal.

Chelsea's Light

None of us can forget the horrific and tragic story behind the death of Chelsea King. Her young life stripped away from her by a man that I can only describe as a monster. The county of San Diego searched and prayed for days for her to be found. I am pretty sure every single one of us cried when they confirmed she was dead.

The 5K is on March 5, 2011. It is the "Finish Chelsea's Run" 5K. I can't think of a better way to kick off my 5K running adventure.

I am nervous, excited, worried, happy, and so much more. Thankfully Michelle and Preston will be there running with me, Potentially two more of our Cal Fire family members will be running with us that day. Not only do I get to run for a great cause , I get to be surrounded by some great friends.

Today I will be starting the Couch to 5K program. Let the training begin...

No comments: